Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
TRANSMISSION LINE FIELD ENGINEER
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Transmission Line Field Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for the construction of overhead transmission lines. The position is field based, and candidates must be willing to reside in remote areas in a camp environment working on a shift rotation of 20 days on and 8 days off (or similar rotation).
- Perform on-site constructability reviews of transmission line structures, foundations, and anchors prior to construction.
- Provide on-site approvals for structure moves based on analysis using PLS-CADD.
- Review and approve staking for foundation construction.
- Review and approve as-built foundation construction.
- Provide technical support for material co-ordination.
- Perform guy length calculations for guyed lattice towers.
- Provide technical support for the installation of grounding and counterpoise.
- Provide technical support for the assembly and erection of lattice towers and conductor stringing.
- Co-ordinate with design engineers to resolve RFIs.
- Provide technical support for quality and turnover documents.
- The candidate would need to be registered as a professional Engineer, EIT or Technologist.
- Students registered in an Engineering Program would also be eligible to apply.
- Position is temporary and likely will be a duration of 4 months.
- Camp accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
- A valid class G drivers license is required.