Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
Valard’s Geomatics division is seeking Survey Assistants to assist with the survey work involved with building the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Line Project. This position will be based out of various locations along the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Line.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- You will help with surveying activities to build the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Line.
- You will work as part of a team with Survey Crew Chief.
- Keep a safe workplace with awareness of possible safety issues.
- Help the Survey Crew Chief with completing daily tasks, setting up survey equipment, and completing field surveys.
- Learning to use and care for instruments and survey equipment and use the equipment to determine geographic location.
- Interested in training in the area of survey work.
- Interested in working in the outdoors.
- Experience with operating ATVs and snowmobiles.
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Class G Driver’s License would be an asset.
- Able to work a minimum 20 days on with 8 days off in remote locations
- Locations will be as required across the project
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard