Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
PROJECT SAFETY ADMINISTRATOR
Reporting to the Project OHS Manager/Lead, the Project Safety Administrator assists with supporting the Company Health and Safety program by coordinating and assisting with HSE Administrative duties as required.
KEY POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Conduct employee health & safety orientations.
- Assisting with coordination of employee training.
- Filing, and data entry of project safety documents.
- Assist in facilitating the project’s Covid-19 screening program through the collection and filing of questionnaires.
- Assist in the tracking, data entry and filing of incident reports.
- Assist in the collection and reporting of project statistics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Outlook and Excel.
- Experience in an office environment or the safety field an asset but not required.
The project is in northwestern Ontario (Sioux Lookout, Pickle Lake, Red Lake and North). Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
The successful applicant would be required to stay in project camp accommodations provided by Valard for the duration of their shift.
Schedule would be a rotation of 21 days on shift, 7 days off, but subject to change based on construction requirements.
Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.