Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
PROJECT QUALITY COORDINATOR
This position reports to the Site Quality Manager. The individual will be responsible for effectively implementing Valard’s Quality Program and Quality Management System as well as supporting all quality-related activities and processes on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project. Available position starting as soon as February 10, 2021.
- Experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Follow Company Quality Management System, project specific Quality Plan and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Assist in ISO 9001 audit process.
- Conduct random or scheduled audits on the overall Quality Program or specific areas of the project.
- Review all incoming QA/QC records and assist in the submission of these records to the Customer.
- Draft, submit, and respond to various types of documents: NCRs, RFIs, Field Work Instructions.
- Support material management by ensuring proper qualification of Suppliers, receipt and storage of any required Material Test Reports or Factory Acceptance Testing, and ensuring quality inspections are completed upon delivery of material to a given project site within their area of responsibility.
- Liaise with cross-functional groups within Valard, as well as the designated client and sub-contractor quality personnel on quality matters for the project.
- Assist with scheduling of personnel based on workload requirements.
- Support all quality team members and ensure Valard meets the requirements of the applicable Contract, Client Standards, Provincial and Federal Regulations, and Code(s) of Construction.
Assist with orientation and training of new Quality personnel and/or construction personnel tasked with carrying out Quality functions on a given project within their area of responsibility.
- Collect and report quality-related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) periodically as directed by the Site Quality Manager.
- Troubleshoot and propose solutions to construction field issues.
- Support construction group by assisting in the creation of work plans, processes or tracking as required.
- Recognize and propose opportunities for efficiencies and/or cost savings.
- Effective utilization of all required project support software and infrastructure (such as MBOS and M-Files) for proper document control, management, and storage.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Preferred a minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical or QA/QC role in the construction industry.
- Power systems experience (Distribution, Substation, and/or Transmission) is considered an asset.
- Certification such as Journeyman Trades Person, CET, EIT, or P.Eng. is considered an asset.
- Technical background with sound knowledge of Quality Management Systems and related ISO 9001 standards.
- Other courses or certificates such as an ISO Auditor Certificate or a Certificate of Quality Management are considered an asset.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
- Background in reading and interpreting technical documents such as engineering codes, standards, specifications, construction drawings and other related documentation.
- Experience in computers and technology with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook), BlueBeam Revu, and document control software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract is required.
- Locations will be as required across the project, most of the time in remote areas.
- The shift schedule consists of a 20 – 8 rotation in Northern Ontario and the individuals will be residing in various Valard camps.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.