Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
PROJECT DOCUMENT CONTROLLER
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining Valard’s M-Files and SharePoint Document Management Systems
- Ensuring that all project documentation submitted to Valard’s EDMS by Valard team members is correctly coded and filed in M-Files in a timely manner.
- Ensuring quality of information contained in M-Files
- documents are correctly and completed coded with the appropriate meta data.
- documents presented in M-Files are the most current version
- prevention of document duplication.
- Set up and maintenance of system views and displays per functional group requirements.
- Identify and report deficiencies and/or problems with the M-Files document management system.
- Document Controls Support
- Assisting Valard team members with locating documents, answering document control related questions, and resolving service issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide front-line M-Files user support and training.
- Identifying and communicating to the Document Control Manager issues that impact the delivery of successful Document Controls program.
- Supporting the Document Control Manager in the execution of the project document control /information management plan
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College or University Diploma /Degree preferably in Administration, Information Managements, or Records Management.
- Experience in a Document Controls position maintaining a digital document management system.
- Specific experience with Engineering and Construction document management is an asset.
- Specific experience with Sharepoint is an asset.
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft suite of Office applications and Adobe PDF.
KSA’S (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES, and PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Attention to detail, ability to focus and concentrate for long durations is critical.
- Excellent communication skills; written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and team participation skills.
- Solutions oriented, independent problem solver.
- Ability to work with, and be committed to, the goals and objective of the team and organization as a whole.
- Demonstrate sound work ethic, ability to multitask, and meet tight deadlines without losings site of priorities.