Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
Valard’s Occupational Health and Safety divisions are seeking site medical professionals for the Wataynikaneyap transmission project. These positions will be based out of various locations along the project line.
PRIMARY CARE PARAMEDIC
- Diploma in Primary Care Paramedicine.
- Meet all requirements for employment under the Ambulance Act of Ontario.
- Successful completion of A-EMCA.
- Class F Driver’s License.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Certification in CPR, Standard First Aid and AED.
- Defensive Driving.
- ITLS and ACLS considered an asset but not required.
- Additional training certification as Level 2 PCP also considered an asset but not required.
- Provide professional and efficient medical coverage to several crews in a vast area.
- Provide both emergency and non-emergent care for ill or injured persons by taking the lead at emergency sites with a focus on providing pre-hospital care.
- Work within the scope as outlined by the Medical Oversight Physician and provide effective patient assessment and treatment.
- Accurately complete all required safety inspections and documentation daily.
- High level of communication and human relations skills to readily develop rapport with members of the public, including the patient, coworkers, and/or witnesses, who may be distressed, to gather information needed to assess the situation; to provide a detailed patient report to medical staff; and to participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to work under stressful situations, assess the needs of the patient, and exercise sound judgment in an emergency environment.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with Ministry of Health Basic Life Support Patient Care Standards.
- Participate in continuing education initiatives.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.