Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
MATERIAL & LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (FIELD BASED)
Reporting to the Material Manager, the Material & Logistics Coordinator actively provides assistance to manage the Material, Logistics and Supply Chain Management activities on assigned projects. The shift schedule consists of a 20 – 8 rotation in Northern Ontario and the individuals will be residing in various Valard camps.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Self-starter and the ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Able to deal with competing material and logistical priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with various internal parties such as Project Managers, Construction Managers, Supervisors and Foremen.
- Supervisory experience and proven leadership skills.
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients.
- A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in working with highly complex groups.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines for project material and general logistical requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of materials management software/databases.
- 4+ years of previous material management or logistical management experience.
- Previous experience working with material in the electrical utility sector an asset.
- Previous experience working within the logistical sector an asset
Additional Accountabilities for the Material Coordinator include;
- Developing and managing subcontractor relationships when applicable.
- Overseeing the entire Supply Chain Management process for the project or project subunit; controlling documentation for deficiencies.
- Overseeing the entire Logistical process for the project or project subunit, including but not limited to; planning, coordination, sourcing logistical suppliers in accordance with the project’s approved procurement plan, managing documentation for verification of subcontractor invoices.
- Working with Project Managers to ensure all terms and conditions of the contract are being met.
- Presenting and discussing procurement information and maintaining good working relationships with internal stakeholders, the management team and clients.
- Establishing and implementing improvements to existing methods and procedures.
- Other duties within the scope of Management & Logistics Management as may be required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driver’s abstract.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard