Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
JOURNEYPERSON AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
- Applicants must be reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Applicants must be energetic and eager to accomplish his/her tasks with quality workmanship. Multitasking and time management skills are required.
- Qualified applicants must possess an understanding for and have experience with A/C and electrical systems, utilize and understand scan tool diagnostics and be able to troubleshoot while following diagnostic flow charts.
- Extensive experience working on gas and diesel engines for Dodge, Chevy, and especially Ford products is a must. Preference will be given to those who are Ford certified.
- Experience with the modern DEF and DPF exhaust systems and experience working on utility equipment would be considered an asset.
- Locations will be as required: Sioux Lookout, Pickle Lake or Pipestone camps.
- Shift is 20 days on and 8 days off.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.
A valid Class G license is mandatory, while holding a Class A or Class B license is an asset.