Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
The successful candidate will work closely with the Valard Project Management and Indigenous Relations teams to assist in building an open transparent working relationship with Indigenous employees and community leadership. This will be achieved by:
- Ensuring that your community is aware of all employment opportunities on the project, by utilizing community radio, Facebook or other methods of communication that will reach community members. Your Community knowledge will help you identify and encourage those individuals to come forward and apply for positions. This position will be instrumental in helping new employees from the community feel a level of comfort as they become part of the Valard Construction team.
- Providing ongoing communication with Chief, Council, Elders, OSLP and community to keep them informed; this would also include bringing back concerns or questions from the community to the Construction Management and Indigenous Relations Team. This would be another level of communication to ensure the community feels informed and heard.
- Keeping the Valard team informed of community events that may have an effect on community member’s performance, attendance or their overall well-being.
- Visiting the work site with a Supervisor for an initial introduction. Occasional availability to employees in the evening via the dining room or recreation hall.
- This position is based from your home community. Some travel along the project route and short-term camp stays will be required.
- Fluent in English and speak or understand your community’s language.
24 positions available; 1 individual from each of the 24 participating First Nation Communities
Entire project construction (through to the end of 2023)