Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
HEAVY DUTY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
- Applicants must be reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Must adhere to DOT regulated driving hours for operation of a vehicle in excess of 4500kg (service truck).
- Qualified applicants will be skilled in the area of diagnostics on engine, hydraulic, modern emission systems service and repair.
- Experience in a wide variety of heavy equipment makes and models including Heavy Duty Fords, small and large diesel engines.
- Welding would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to those able to perform CVIP inspections, as well as to those with utility equipment experience (e.g. Telehandler, all models of John Deere Equipment, Cranes, Hydraulic Rock Breakers and Rock Drills, Light Plants, Generators, ATV’s, Tractor & Trailer, etc.).
- Locations will be as required: Sioux Lookout, Pickle Lake or Pipestone camps.
- Shift is 20 days on and 8 days off.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.
A valid Class G license is mandatory, while holding a Class A or Class B license is an asset.