Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
GENERAL FOREPERSON / CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the main point of contact for the Construction Manager and subcontractors; and the primary liaison between Valard and the client’s Site Representative.
- Lead on-site crews while ensuring project construction activities are executed in compliance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, budget, safety and quality requirements and standards.
- Leading by example, support implementation of Valard’s safety policies and procedures.
- Document and report all injuries, fill out the Notice of Injury/Accident Reports and communicate to the onsite Safety Advisor.
- Work closely with the Construction Manager to develop and maintain the project’s construction timelines through the efficient use of all on-site construction resources, manpower, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Work with the Construction Manager managing the subcontractors on site, including tracking of production to maintain the project schedule and contract budget.
- Work with the Construction Manager to develop project execution plans, kick-off meetings, contract reviews and scope reviews, while also working with Valard’s contracts team to ensure a well-rounded project execution.
- Mentor, train and motivate the job site crews in adopting a culture of safety, quality and production.
- Empower crews to be knowledgeable of company’s safety, construction and quality policies and procedures; and uphold them.
- Ensure crew timesheets are completed and submitted consistently and in a timely manner.
- Support internal and external audit and inspection activities.
- Equipment review and scheduling as required.
- Carry-out employee performance reviews and disciplinary actions, in conjunction with the project’s HR Representative, as required for non-conformance of company policies and procedures.
- 5-7 years of project supervision experience in the construction industry.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience in medium to high-voltage transmission line construction.
- Able to manage large work groups consisting up to 30-50 people at any one time.
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, project scheduling, cost and quality controls.
- Position is field based; incumbent must be able to accommodate multiple shift requirements based on site-specific project schedules.
- Must hold a valid Class G license.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.
- Applicants in related construction industries with experience managing 30-50 people will also be considered.