Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
- Have at least 5 years of operating heavy equipment.
- Have min 3 years running excavator. 200 size and above.
- Ability to run Loader and Dozer considered an asset.
- Construction experience is a requirement, powerline experience preferred.
- Be able to lift over 50 pounds.
- Be able to complete daily maintenance checks and do weekly maintenance tasks.
- Be able to help laborer with daily tasks/ Will need to be in and out of machine most of the day.
- Class G Drivers License Mandatory.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work a minimum 20 days on with 8 days off in remote locations .
- Potential to working longer shifts may be required.
- Locations will be as required across the project.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.