Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
Valard’s Occupational Health and Safety division is seeking site medical professionals for the Wataynikaneyap transmission project. These positions will be based out of various locations along the transmission line.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONDER
- Emergency Medical Responder Certificate from an accredited program
- Certified in the use of Semi-Automatic Defibrillation
- CPR AED
- Class G driver’s license
- Criminal record check
- Provide professional and efficient medical coverage to several crews in a vast area and provide emergency/ non-emergent care for ill or injured persons by taking the lead at emergency sites with a focus on providing pre-hospital care.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Read and interpret applicable acts and legislation as well as policies and procedures defined by the contractor.
- Work within the scope as outlined by the Medical Oversight Physician and provide effective patient assessment and treatment.
Maintain cleanliness and stock of Mobile Treatment Centers and report any damage immediately.
- High level of communication and human relations skills to readily develop rapport with members of the public, including the patient, coworkers, and/or witnesses, who may be distressed, to gather information needed to assess the situation; to provide a detailed patient report to medical staff; and to participate as an effective team member.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with team members in person and utilize radio/telephone communications as necessary.
- Ability to work under stressful situations, assess the needs of the patient, and exercise sound judgement in an emergency environment.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with Ministry of Health Basic Life Support Patient Care Standards.
- Participate in continuing education initiatives.
- Assist OHS team as required.