Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
- Produce plans associated with Powerline and Substation construction such as built and topo survey plans.
- Organization and housekeeping of data and related information for the drafting of a survey plan.
- Provide technical services for survey projects, such as 3D modeling, DTM’s and contours of survey data/grading designs.
- Liaise with Project Managers to coordinate the drafting on survey projects.
- Track the drafting, completion and delivery of survey plans.
- Participates in monthly office safety meetings, hazard assessments and follow safe work procedures.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of drafting procedures and best practices.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized university or technical institution (i.e. Geomatics/Civil) or equivalent.
- Previous legal, civil, engineering and construction drafting and survey calculation experience.
- Minimum 1 to 5 years’ experience.
- Good understanding of the principles of surveying.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, plan checking standards and procedures and reference material.
- Strong technical skills to interpret, manipulate and analyze survey data and field notes.
- Ability to read and interpret survey plans.
- Working knowledge of coordinate systems and datums.
- Proficient in MS Office, including word, excel and outlook and knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Effectively takes instruction and direction.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshooter and logical thinker.
This position is based out of Edmonton, Alberta.