Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
CLASS A DRIVER
- Operate tractor trailer and/or wheel combinations.
- Transport permitted loads.
- Operate safely and on time.
- Have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, load securement, inspections, and maintenance.
- Demonstrate the ability to position blocks and tie downs to secure cargo.
- Driving safely in all road and weather conditions and at all times of day and night.
- Following all regulations, policies and procedures governing the transport and handling of fuel.
- Have a valid Class A license and clean driving record.
- Working around heavy equipment.
- Physically fit with the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs..
- Able to work a minimum 20 days on with 8 days off in remote locations.
- Potential to working longer shifts may be required.
- Camp accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.