Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
CAMP MAINTENANCE PERSON
- Be able to lift over 50 pounds
- Be able to complete daily maintenance checks and do weekly maintenance tasks.
- Class G drivers license considered an asset
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Able to work a minimum 20 days on with 8 days off in remote locations
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard
- Inspects facilities, prioritizes necessary repairs, improvements, and preventive maintenance.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations to minimize risk and enhance the safety of employees; checks grounds for unsafe conditions, and clears hazards; reports safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities.
- Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled facilities maintenance, preventive maintenance, component replacement and repair tasks, including carpentry, mechanical, and basic non-licensed electrical and plumbing work; cleans and maintains specialized camp kitchen equipment.
- Works on assigned projects, and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience and individual skills; notifies supervisors of repair problems beyond the scope of authority.
- Clean buildings including vacuuming, sweeping, toilets, emptying garbage, keep vehicles clean and maintained.
- Inspects and maintains assigned equipment and small tools for proper operating condition; completes minor repairs on equipment as needed.
- Operates vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair.
- Completes daily work log, incident and accident report, and requisitions for supplies and materials.
- Removes snow and ice from roads and sidewalks using tractor, shovel and snow blower; performs maintenance and repair on snow and ice removal equipment (seasonal).
Open until positions are filled