Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
- Work at ground level in open excavations or at heights around heavy operating equipment and machinery.
- Load/unload construction materials both mechanically and by hand.
- Physically fit with the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Assist in the layout, assembly and fastening of components of powerline structures.
- Operate all required hand tools required to assemble towers which includes torque wrenches and saws.
- Assist heavy equipment operators.
- Able to work a minimum 20 days on with 8 days off in remote locations.
- Potential to working longer shifts may be required.
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.
- Those interested in an apprentice with Valard are encouraged to contact the Valard Apps and Trades Department.