Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
- Work at ground level in open excavations or at heights around heavy operating equipment and machinery.
- Load/unload construction materials both mechanically and by hand.
- Physically fit with the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Assist in the layout, assembly and fastening of components of powerline structures.
- Operate all required hand tools required to assemble towers which includes torque wrenches and saws.
- Assist heavy equipment operators.
- Able to work a minimum 20 days on with 8 days off in remote locations.
- Potential to working longer shifts may be required.
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Familiarity with community, members and/or territory is an asset.
- Accommodations will be provided by Valard.
- Transportation will be provided from your home community to the camp accommodations and then at the end of your shift transportation will be provided back to your community by Valard.
- Those interested in an apprentice with Valard are encouraged to contact the Valard Apps and Trades Department.
We are looking for as many resumes as possible in preparation for the tower assembly start up.