Valard invites interested members of the 24 participating communities on the Wataynikaneyap Power Transmission Project to apply for the following:
- Create job postings.
- Register new Apprenticeship applications upon approval of the Trades and Apprenticeship Manager.
- Schedule technical training at an appropriate training facility, requesting Supervisor approval for enrollment dates.
- Partner with First Nation organizations to provide Apprenticeship and work experience opportunities across Canada.
- Take responsibility for document management (M-Files, Sharepoint), electronic and paper files.
- A working understanding of field operations and the trades.
- Comfortable communication with field staff and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very effective organizational skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Computer skills that include the ability to manage spreadsheet, word processing programs, Sharepoint and M-files.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy to detail, and confidentiality with regards to employees and project information.
This position is based out of Edmonton, Alberta